Since 2007, with the help of our wish-granters, we have been able to assist nearly 1,500 individuals with gifts around the holidays, and the number continues to grow each and every year.
As many of you know, celebrating the holidays in the U.S. is often a new experience for many of HRI’s clients. For some, our American traditions are exciting, but unfamiliar. For others, celebrations are bittersweet as clients spend the holiday season separated from loved ones. For many of our families, they simply can’t afford to celebrate or purchase presents for their children.
Please help us share the warmth and happiness of the season by joining us in this program of giving. The Holiday Wish program is able to lend a hand to our neediest clients and their children through the purchase of gifts, in addition to grocery gift cards to purchase food for the holidays.
We hope you will consider participating in this worthwhile and meaningful program by sponsoring a family and shopping for one or more items on their wish list, or donating so that HRI and its volunteers can shop for you.
How Do I Sign Up?
There are two ways!
1. Shop For Your HRI Family And Drop Off Gifts
(Not Tax Deductible)
You will be able to designate a desired family size for your match.
HRI will match you with a client family and email you a copy of the family’s wish list, including clothing sizes, favorite color(s), and a few “wish” items for each person.
We ask that you purchase what you can from the provided wish list after you receive your match.
We also ask that each wish-granter purchase a grocery store gift card for each family (suggested amount is $25/person, and the family’s preference for Target or Walmart will be indicated).
Deadline: Gifts for your family must be returned to the HRI offices (2801 Swiss Ave, Dallas, TX 75204) on one of our designated gift drop-off days listed below.
1) Friday, November 30th (9:00am-6:00pm) – preferred date if possible, so clients can pick up their gifts at our annual free clothing event on Saturday, December 1st
2) Friday, December 7th (9:00am-6:00pm)
* If possible, please let us know when you plan to drop off your gifts. If you’re unable to drop off your gifts on one of those days, please let us know as soon as possible.
2. Donate And HRI Will Do The Shopping For You
(A Tax Deductible Contribution)
→ Make an online donation through our secure form here: https://secure.paperlesstrans.com/HumanRightsInitiative.
Please write “For Holiday Wish” in the comments section of the form (located at the bottom after you enter your name and address) so your donation can be properly directed. You will immediately receive an email acknowledgement of your gift, which will serve as your tax receipt.
Suggested donation amounts ($75/person allows $50 for gifts and $25 towards a grocery card):
- 1 individual ($75)
- Family of 2 ($150)
- Family of 3 ($225)
- Family of 4 ($300)
- Family of 5 ($375)
- Family of 6 ($450)
You can donate to help just one individual or a family of any size based on your capacity to give. Our families are typically 4-5 people.
- If you wish to give more or less than any suggested donation amount, we welcome donations of all sizes!
- Based on your donation amount, HRI will determine how funds will be used to benefit families in need of wish-granters.
- HRI will shop for all gifts on your behalf as well as purchase grocery cards for families.
Deadline: All donations must be received by Friday, December 7, 2018.
TWO WAYS TO DONATE:
To make an online donation, please click here!
* Please write “For Holiday Wish” in the comments section so your donation can be properly directed.
Donations may also be mailed via check to:
Human Rights Initiative
Attn: Holiday Wish
2801 Swiss Avenue
Dallas, TX 75204
* Please write “Holiday Wish” in the memo line of your check.
Note: After all our families have been adopted, any subsequent donations received for Holiday Wish will be directed towards our general client assistance fund, which helps us to support our families year-round with much needed assistance and relief, including bus passes, grocery cards, and more.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact HRI’s Social Services Director, Zainab Ellis, at (214) 273-4335 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to sharing this holiday season with you!