Personal Information Questionnaire
You are filling out this document because you have already made an appointment with the receptionist at Human Rights Initiative and she has directed you to this website. We appreciate your cooperation in filling this questionnaire out as completely as possible: Personal Info Questionnaire
In addition to completely filling out the Personal Information Questionnaire, our legal staff requests that you bring the following documents to your appointment if you have them:
- Proof of Identity such as a national ID card, student ID card, drivers’ license, etc.
- Proof of Citizenship such as a passport or birth certificate
- Proof of Travel such as receipts, I-94 Departure Record, passport, visa, etc.
- Proof of Marriage if you are married
- All Immigration Documents from the United States or any other country
- All documents or papers you have received from Immigration Court
Please bring these additional documents if you are seeking asylum if you have them:
- Proof of your membership to a particular group such as a baptismal certificate, political party card, etc.
- Proof of persecution such as police reports, medical reports, etc.
Please bring these additional documents if you are a victim of domestic violence:
- Proof of spouse’s immigration status
- Proof of marriage
- Police report(s)
- Proof of cohabitation such as tax returns, joint bank statements, bills in both names
- If you or your spouse have been married before, proof that the marriage was terminated
Please bring these additional documents if you are a victim of violent crime:
- Police Report(s)
- Executed I-918 Supplement B (if you have it)
- Any proof that you were a victim of a violent crime in the US
- Any proof that you cooperated with law enforcement in reporting and assisting with prosecuting the crime in which you were the victim.
Please bring these additional documents if you are a minor:
- Evidence that the child is currently enrolled in school (if appropriate)
- Proof of parents whereabouts and their current immigration status (if any)
Lastly, please be aware of the following policies:
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, you will not be seen that day and your appointment can be rescheduled.
- If you are not fluent in English, you must provide a competent translator for your appointment.
Please do not mail the Personal Information Questionnaire to our office. We will not respond to any requests through the mail. We will only review information for individuals who already have an appointment with our legal staff. If you are interested in a consultation with HRI, please contact our main line at 214.855.0520.